June 5, 2010
When April told me she wanted green and pink pom-poms for her June wedding, I knew just what to do thanks to Martha Stewart! Thanks to my mom as well who taught me how to make tissue paper flowers when I was a kid.
Here are your step by step instructions for this great DIY décor. Pom-poms are a fun way to add color to an event. We will be hanging our poms along with lanterns for April’s wedding at the Governor’s Club Mansion in Brentwood TN. You can hang them from the ceiling, shepherds hooks or just set them on the table.
What you need.
(8) 20×30 inch sheets of issue paper (I got mine from Confetti.com)
15 inch piece of floral wire
How to make tissue paper pom-poms.
1. Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inchwide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
2. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
3. Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
4. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.
5. Use fishing wire for hanging.
See, this is easy! I will now need a few of you to come over and help me make the other 23. When can I expect you?
Gotta run and make more pom-poms! Go team!